Accreditation programs (e.g., Joint Commission, ACR) are increasingly requiring phantom-based PET/CT scanner measurements to provide evidence of quantitative accuracy and qualitative clinical image quality. To help SNMMI membership meet these requirements, SNMMI is providing a cloud-based automated Phantom Analysis Toolkit (PAT) for all SNMMI members. The automated, cloud-based PAT is designed to provide rapid, reliable, and reproducible data for the four most common PET phantoms used in clinical trials and clinical practice.
How it works
- Perform phantom studies according to provided phantom-fill and acquisition instructions. Other fill and imaging protocols are also allowed.
- Navigate to the PAT website.
- “Name” the analysis using recommended naming convention.
- Choose the Phantom type from the drop-down menu
- Upload the Phantom DICOM images
- Enter the phantom fill data
- Initiate Analysis (Duration 1-5 minutes)
PAT was developed through the combined effort of researchers at the University of Iowa and the SNMMI Clinical Trials Network Scanner Validation Committee. Funding and support for development came from NCI funding R01CA169072 and the NCI Quantitative Imaging Network’s U01CA140206.